The Doctors at Innate Chiropractic specialize in care during pregnancy. Our aim is to make the pregnancy process as enjoyable as possible for mom where she can experience the best energy, sleep, activities, and productivity possible while avoiding any of the common side effects such as low back and hip pains, fatigue and others commonly associated with pregnancy. Studies have shown, and after caring for thousands of pregnant moms we know neurologically based chiropractic care can reduce both labor time and pain. Our goal is to empower our pregnant moms through care and to be a resource for all natural birthing and family health needs. We believe healthy moms deliver health babies, and healthy babies become healthy adults. In order to have a great delivery, mothers need to be feeling and functioning at their best. This is why it is crucial for pregnant moms to have a clear nervous system.
Potential benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy include:
- Maintaining a healthier pregnancy
- Controlling symptoms of nausea
- Reducing the time of labor and delivery
- Relieving back, neck or joint pain
- Preventing a potential cesarean delivery
Larry Webster, D.C. developed a specific chiropractic analysis and adjustment which enables chiropractors to establish balance in the pregnant woman’s pelvis and reduce undue stress to her uterus and supporting ligaments. The Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics reported an 82% success rate of babies turning vertex (proper birthing position) when doctors of chiropractic used the Webster Technique.
Compiled using information from the following sources:
- Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, Volume 25, July/August 2002.
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, icpa4kids.org
- American Pregnancy Association, americanpregnancy.org